Zinc Rich Silicate. A two component, solvent based inorganic ethyl silicate, moisture curing zinc rich pre-construction primer.
As a metallic zinc pigmented primer to provide excellent protection to steel surfaces. For use with a wide range of high performance system in offshore and onshore environments including oil production platforms, refineries bridges, tanks, pipe-work and structural steelwork.
Ideal for giving long term protection to steel prior to field top coating.
Can be used for new construction and as a fast drying primer, capable of application in a wide range of climatic conditions.
Provides cathodic protection and acts as a sacrificial layer on mild steel, eliminating sub-film corrosion
- Based on ethyl silicate binder; the zinc component is incorporated prior to use, and when applied the mixture reacts with atmospheric moisture, converting to a dense inorganic coating of a Si/Zn/Si matrix, forming a hard corrosion resistant layer which protects the steel in a similar way to galvanizing eliminating sub film corrosion.
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Provides long term corrosion protection to structural steel
- Excellent impact and abrasion resistance, scratches caused by handling damage continue to be protected by the high zinc content in the surrounding film
- High temperature resistance
- Aerosol packs available
Contact Us for MSDS