Clear Nitrocellulose Isolation Sealer. A one component, low viscosity modified nitrocellulose, transparent, isolation sealer.
A clear, low-viscosity, fast drying isolation sealer for solid and veneered timber or Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF). NC Isolation Sealer is designed to seal, sand easily and allow for excellent adhesion of subsequent coats such as reaction lacquers, nitrocellulose lacquers or polyurethane finishes.
NC Isolation sealer has a good insulating/isolating effect for use on resinous woods which once sealed and lightly sanded reduce the “raised fibre” effect when applying basecoats/primer thus reducing sanding and preparation times and increasing the smoothness of sealed and primed surfaces.
Best used on MDF of poor quality or high porosity.
It is best suited for closed-pore primer coats on very dark stained woods or for open pore finishing on naturally dark woods when finishing with a matt Multicoat.
NC Isolation Sealer is good for use as a thinner coat “isolation sealer” for open pore clear or pigmented finishing.
- Excellent quick sand properties for hand or belt sanding
- Good sealing properties on edging and porous boards
- Excellent overcoat ability
- Limits the absorption of subsequent coatings into the wood, minimized shrink back
- Penetrates and “wets” the surface, leaving only a thin film
- Provides improved adhesion for subsequent coats
- Excellent clarity
- Excellent anti-blocking properties
- Lubricated clog free sanding
Contact Us for MSDS